Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Dream Writing Scene

If you could choose the ultimate spot on earth to sit and write, where would it be? Spread that imagination now (no excuses...we all have plenty of imagination)! I'm talking absolutely anywhere or any type of place. This is your ideal writing scene. A scene where your muse runs wild, where interruptions are nonexistent, where you feel rejuvenated and creative, and where the only conflict lies between your characters.


For me, it would be a serene beach. I grew up near beaches, and there's something about the power of the ocean that sweeps me away. It makes all problems and worries seem insignificant and pointless. It's rhythm lulls a person into a meditative state, no doubt lowering heart rate, blood pressure, and stress hormone levels. Call it beach therapy.

I took the photo above a couple of years ago, during a vacation at The Outer Banks of North Carolina. A few palm trees would have been the icing for me, but I like all kinds of beaches, so long as they're not crowded. The more shells and sea glass, the better.

Some of you may be thinking, "Uh, sand in my laptop? No way." Remember, this is about an ideal (and the computer can stay in the beach house :)). What's your dream writing scene? Is it a cabin in the mountains? A contemporary, corner office in a high rise? A bustling coffee shop where you can people-watch while you write? Close your eyes and take yourself there once in a while. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment