Monday, March 28, 2011

Operation Auction

Earlier this month, Fatin Soufan, a dedicated supporter of the romance genre, lost her husband in an act of senseless violence. You can read more about the tragedy that left Fatin and her four children in mourning here. I don't personally know Fatin, and many of you may not, but I'm truly saddened by her loss.

In a show of love, friendship and support, the writing community has put together Operation Auction to raise money for Fatin and her children. The auction is now live, and everything from books, certificates, critiques by your favorite authors/agents, and much, much more is up for bid. Please stop by and check it out. It's a great cause.

I hope to see you back here next Monday for my interview with Harequin Superromance author, Amy Knupp! She'll be giving away a hot firefighter...well, okay...not an actual firefighter, but really close ;)

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Mrs. Soufan's loss. Every time I'm saddened by the wicked things we humans do to each other, I'm encouraged by the action of people like the writers who are doing what they can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Fatin and her family. It was a senseless act which deprived them of their loved one. Thanks for the links. The auction is for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's good to see our community rallying round to help

    ReplyDelete
  4. So senseless. I hope they find his killer. It's wonderful what the romance community is doing. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad. There's been such a tremendous repsonse. Some of the items are incredible and I have my eye on more than 1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...that is so sad. What a nice thing to do for them.

    ReplyDelete