Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shopping

I've been doing a lot of shopping this week. Holiday sales didn't end until today and I wanted to take advantage. I know every now and then shopping for clothes and shoes is a necessity (as in, my favorite, can't live without it, long, black cardigan got eaten by moths recently), but I do not get a thrill out of shopping for clothes. I find it exhausting, though I am overjoyed if I find a piece that fits like it was made for me.

My top ten thoughts on shopping:

1. I could shop for house stuff forever...clothing for me...not.

2. Shoes must be comfortable. Pain free. No stilettos (I'm in awe of those who can wear them).

3. Every single person out there is my size in shoes and clothes, hence my size is never available.

4. Fluorescent lights in dressing rooms are evil. I'm now emotionally scarred.

5. Swimsuit section up ahead...TURN AND RUN! (note: just saw self under fluorescent lights)

6. Online shopping rocks, but I need to leave time for shipping :(

7. One dressing room I used this week (nice store) had no air circulating. The dress I was trying on was a tad small, but it was so hot, I probably could have just stood there awhile and waited for an inch to melt off my thighs.

8. My instinct is to go for black outfits. My son was chanting 'color' behind me in one store lol.

9. Getting locked outside the mall at 9:30pm...on the opposite side of the mall from where you parked....is a sure sign of an inexperienced mall shopper.

10. Ultimate moment: getting stuck in a dress seconds after the store lady knocked on my dressing room door to let me know the store was closing in less than 5 minutes. Sigh. At that point, I started laughing at myself. Out loud.

So are you a clothes/shoe shopper? A comfort gal or a fashionista who'll sacrifice comfort for the look? Or would you rather shop for home goods?

On a quick note, this Thursday I'll be blogging at the Heartwarming Authors blog about library memories, kids and ebooks and on Friday check out my USAToday HEA interview with Harlequin Romance author Jennifer Faye. I'll be back with links :).

2 comments:

  1. I'm much more a house stuff shopper. Hate clothes shopping. I'm hard to fit, and it's a nightmare. Shoes - love them, but comfort rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - Sounds like we'd make great shopping buddies ;)

    ReplyDelete