Friday, March 7, 2014

USA Today HEA Interview with Kimberly Van Meter...and baby chicks!

Happy Friday! Here's a little something to brighten the winter we've been having...



And they're mine! I have six total and I'm in love. Yesterday, I did an entire post with more pictures and why I want chickens. Check it out at the Heartwarming Authors blog here: THE BACKYARD CHICKEN BUG

To top that news, I have an interview with Harlequin Superromance and Romantic Suspense author Kimberly Van Meter up today at USA Today's Happy Ever After blog! Here's the link: HEA INTERVIEW WITH KIMBERLY VAN METER.

On that note, I'm off to figure out what chicken coop design I should build (or try to ;). I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I had to go over there and read about your chicken littles. I have almost always lived in the city. No chickens allowed. I did go with my BFF as a kid to her grandmother's farm. She let us gather eggs but continually cautioned us to be careful. Hen pecks hurt!

    Have fun with these and get lots of eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet you loved going to that farm as a kid. It's amazing how chicken temperments vary by breed. That's one thing I looked into...some are more aggressive peckers for sure! Hopefully they'll know their mama and show a little respect lol.

      Delete
  2. My partner's sister has chooks. Including several ex-battery hens. They live a good life and give her much more pleasure than she gives them (she believes). And their run? Chicken Taj Mahal. Off to check out your chicken post - and almost certainly send her the link.
    PS: She had a rooster who used to sit in her lap and watch television with her in the evenings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cute about the TV watching rooster ;). And I had to smile at 'Chicken Taj Mahal' because I've seem some incredible photos of chicken coops and runs. Some that make me want to ditch my house and move in with the chickens LOL! I'm all for as much space as I can give them. Plus, they'll get some free ranging time too. I can't wait for spring/summer!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! They're already showing different personalities. Too cute :).

      Delete